for zoze who'd like to spik angliche...

Modérateur : Modérateurs

Répondre
Jabbawocky
graisse les pivots...

Honeymoon in France

Message par Jabbawocky »

Hi all

Louise and I are getting married on the 16th July and are planning to honeymoon in your lovely country. We are planning spending the first week slowly driving down (in Louise's 200Tdi Range Rover) the east of the country, cross over the Alps and down into the Cote D'azur, where we plan to stay for the second week. I had two fantastic holidays at Frejus, when I was a child and have wanted to go back for 30 years. I love camping, but Louise has insisted that we stop in hotels and or book a gite.

I know nothing about hotels and even less about French hotels, so would be grateful for any info on what to look for and what to avoid? We are on a budget (need to save some money for our trip to Bannegon) so clean and cheap, is what I am after. I am planning on finding a gite for the second week, somewhere back from the south coast, but within driving distance. Again any advice on places to go or if you have ever booked a gite in this area, a recommended gite???

Recommendations on 'what not to miss' and places to visit in the east and south east are aslo very welcome.

All advice gratefully received.

Cheers Mick :party:
The simpler, the better.
manu21
'graisseur d'excentriques à la cuillère'

Message par manu21 »

Hello, good idea for a honneymoon!
I don't know which road you will take to go to the east, but I think for a special occcasion, there is an excellent restaurant in Auxerre (adresse internet is: http://www.lejardingourmand.com with an english version, but it miss something very important, like a photography of a plate) I was there four times and each times I was very very pleased whith the menu. (Thinking myself, that I could pay more for this quality) It's the best restaurant I've ever made (I made other gastronomical restaurant by the past, and I have any interest obviously in it. You have to take the "vin au verre" formule and to be prepared to eat a lot of different, and raffined things.
:hello:
stiopan
plus sur le net que sous le Land...
Localisation : Pays de Gex, mais originaire de Moulins 03, AUVERGNE POWAAAAA!

Message par stiopan »

Hello Mick,
Congratulation for your wedding :grin: :grin: , the same day than my father :wink: .
I can only advise you to check the website of "Les gites de France", where you should find what you are looking for!
http://www.gites-de-france.fr/eng/index.htm

Have a good honeymon :party:

Stiopan
"-Le paradis de la terre se trouve sur le dos des chevaux,
-dans le fouillement des livres
-Ou bien entre les deux seins d'une femme"
Thaleb
Répondre