How do i set up a landrover club? what are the legal obligat

for zoze who'd like to spik angliche...

Modérateur : Modérateurs

Répondre
routenational6
graisse les pivots...

How do i set up a landrover club? what are the legal obligat

Message par routenational6 »

there dosent seem to be a landrover club near me but i have seen lots of landys what are the formalities to form a club?

Then i can print windscreen ads to tell the 100s of landiys hear theres a club!?
Modifié en dernier par routenational6 le lundi 27 févr. 2006 16:48, modifié 1 fois.
landyman
Jurassic Park

Message par landyman »

Sincerely, don't bother too much to create your own club... (but do what you wish anyway...)
Maybe you didn't realize, but WE ARE a Series club !!! Not only a forum...
We decided to create such a structure, nearly 2 yrs ago, to allow series owners to meet, as no other series only club didn't appears to exist before in our country.
One of our purpose, is to offer people to meet each other and to organize greenlaning, or meetings, nationally, regionally and locally...
There will soon be some events in Burgundy and Allier (look at our events page, on the club site by clicking the logos on the forum)
Can you tell us where do you live ? Not many members in your area for the moment, but some anyway...
If you notice lots of Landies near you, please, let'em know about us.... :wink:
AND PLEASE : localise yourself on the map !!! it helps !!!
Plat devant, plat derrière, plat sur les cotés, plat dessus, et gras dessous...
quatre roues, mais toutes motrices !!!

"Helen" - SIIA - 1969

"Nothing better than the real thing..."
Darren101
engage la boite courte...

Message par Darren101 »

It is a nightmare to set up a club!

Insurance and liabilities are the killer!!

You may wish to contact the Association of LAnd Rover Clubs, they could advise, probably best to just set up an outpost of the club that you are already in!

good luck

D101
routenational6
graisse les pivots...

Yes i dident really want to do that and i did wonder about insurance as an old timer organisation dealing with all clubs mentions the need for insurance.

It also lists perhaps 500 or more clubs in France of which none are landrover!! There are many clubs for landys in France just none near me!!!

I have been shocked by some old timer event organisers that allow say a 1980 peugeot 505, or 1978 renault but not a 1958 landy "as its not a collection car"!!!!

The events posted on this forum sounds great!
Modifié en dernier par routenational6 le lundi 27 févr. 2006 16:51, modifié 1 fois.
Bruno P-G
The Bubble the Meer

Message par Bruno P-G »

routenational6 a écrit :..I have been shocked by some old timer event organisers that allow say a 1980 peugeot 505, or 1978 renault but not a 1958 landy "as its not a collection car"!!!!
Hello RN6: I'm quite surprise that such an answer were give too you.

At the opposite, one of our member, coming with his 1949 Serie One in a special event dedicated to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Citroën DS, was invited to come in with his car and expose her with the Citroens'.

Amazinghly his LR had more sucess than the other cars !!!

About your club: why create a club instead of create some small meetings (green laning, apéritifs, dinners...) with Land lovers ?

You can create a club. It's very simple and very cheap. And after, what's happen ? What will be different ?

:hello:
Un jour en marchant dans la montagne, j'ai vu une bête
En m'approchant, je me suis aperçu que c'était un homme
En arrivant près de lui, j'ai vu que c'était mon frère

Proverbe Tibétain
routenational6
graisse les pivots...

Of course it would depend upon the event! Im talking about local events around Vesol and even Macon

The Landrover like the citroen ID DS is still modern!
Répondre