travelling down

for zoze who'd like to spik angliche...

Modérateur : Modérateurs

Répondre
1simon1
met la clef de contact...

travelling down

Message par 1simon1 »

I am travelling to Limoge fom Le Havre on the 2nd Feb 2007 in my 1967 series 2a.
As she is nearly forty I thought I had better see if there is any one en route should I need help.

looking forward o your response.

Simon
Korrigan
'la quête du Graal version alu...'

Message par Korrigan »

Salut,

une étape en cas de besoin sur la route => ROUEN (76)

remorquage + stockage...

Par contre, je suis nul en anglais... :wink:

:hello:
René[:o]##[o:]

Rien de tel que de rouler avec sa Land pour les entretenir... ;)

"Les conseils qui valent de l'or rapportent rarement de l'argent" Jacques Sternberg

"On a souvent honoré du titre de sage ceux qui n'ont eu d'autre mérite que de contredire leurs contemporains." Jean le Rond d' Alembert
Korrigan
'la quête du Graal version alu...'

Message par Korrigan »

Merci Kebir... :mrgreen:
René[:o]##[o:]

Rien de tel que de rouler avec sa Land pour les entretenir... ;)

"Les conseils qui valent de l'or rapportent rarement de l'argent" Jacques Sternberg

"On a souvent honoré du titre de sage ceux qui n'ont eu d'autre mérite que de contredire leurs contemporains." Jean le Rond d' Alembert
yves rr62
Grizzly Rebel

Message par yves rr62 »

HI Simon, if you need to use a 9/16 key or rebuilt the engine, you are welcome in Anet (between Rouen and Paris)
have a nice trip
juju109
Tout en longueur et en finesse...

Message par juju109 »

same thing for paris :hello:
Invité

Message par Invité »

If your lands well looked after she will make the trip without problem. If shes not quite 40 thats about 1968 then? thats still quite new!

Mine is a S2 and 10 years older 1959 by chance ive just driven from Dijon to La Rochell with a trailor to collect a 1967 renault 4 i bought there and back to Dijon. My Range rover needs new break cylinders and i found another hole in my fule tank thats why i used my landy.

It was a pleasent trip,at the start the roads are not crowded.Later there are a few fasr roads but not so much traffic to be problem driveing at 60/70 kms

In the Charent (16) the roads were at times jammed with trucks comeing and going to Spain again 60kms wasent reached! Another huge benifit of travelling in the landy was i never passed a radar while speeding!

The only modification to long distance was an extra thick seat pad and hand throtel.
Invité

Message par Invité »

we made it, we made it !!!!!!!.
No real problems en route. tad cold.
I don't know which attracted the most attention the land rover or the 100 year old canoe on the roof!.
I am now driving about with the roof off ( explains all the rain!) and enjoying loads of really good off roading.
Trouble is I have lots of work as a carpenter so I am neglecting the off roading and fishing thing. oh well!!.

Thank you all for you kind support.

Simon.
N°5
N°5, from the other side of the CHANEL

Message par N°5 »

:hello: Good evening gentlemen,

its incredible to beleive, but an english man, with a really modern 2A, was a bit afraid to go down to Limoges...

It was quite natural that members of our club proposed their help as members of the Series Two club have always helped the Frogs stranded in England... (as well as members of the Series One club or members of the Series 1 Register)

What is really unbelievable is that an English bloke does not understand that he could go round the world with a Series Land Rover even ten years older !

Simon, I'm so happy that you "made it", but if you want to go offroading, 800 km in the Sahara, just drop us a line - 10 members of our club did it a month ago... with Series 1 (80", 1953), Series 2s and Series 3s.

Cheers,
@+Rory.
Aegedus
Webmaster Adjoint

Message par Aegedus »

N°5 a écrit : Simon, I'm so happy that you "made it", but if you want to go offroading, 800 km in the Sahara, just drop us a line - 10 members of our club did it a month ago... with Series 1 (80", 1953), Series 2s and Series 3s.
for sure !! in view of great britain, the sahara is just after limoge !!

You're incredible Rory (alias Buzz lighter : "To the infinite and Beyond") !!

AG
Modifié en dernier par Aegedus le mercredi 27 juin 2007 14:29, modifié 1 fois.
Pourquoi aegedus : parce que mon prénom est Gilles
"N°5" : Alors, vas y... y'a que le gravité qui va t'empecher d'aller sur la lune avec un Land
Le début de tout
Bruno P-G
The Bubble the Meer

Message par Bruno P-G »

Aegedus a écrit :
N°5 a écrit : Simon, I'm so happy that you "made it", but if you want to go offroading, 800 km in the Sahara, just drop us a line - 10 members of our club did it a month ago... with Series 1 (80", 1953), Series 2s and Series 3s.
for sure !! view from great britain, the sahara is just after limoge !!

You're incredible Rory (alias Buzz lighter : "To the infinite and Beyond") !!

AG
+1 :grin:

:super: Simon. Do you have any pictures ? Jérome Caz. would enjoy some views of the canoe !

:hello:
Un jour en marchant dans la montagne, j'ai vu une bête
En m'approchant, je me suis aperçu que c'était un homme
En arrivant près de lui, j'ai vu que c'était mon frère

Proverbe Tibétain
Répondre