Has anyone ever managed to register a TDI powered Series 2?

for zoze who'd like to spik angliche...

Modérateur : Modérateurs

Répondre
tobyd10
met la clef de contact...

Has anyone ever managed to register a TDI powered Series 2?

Message par tobyd10 »

Hi,
After the birth or our boy on New Years Eve my partners desire to move to be nearer her family has increased. It would still be 12 months away at the earliest as I will have to have a hip replacement before we go and my french is still not tres bon.
Obviously the major concern is how will I be able to run my 300tdi 69 109 SW daily driver.

I am sure that this post will be made worthless by the dreaded Brexit but has anyone ever managed to register a TDI powered S2 in France?

If not is there anyway way of legally driving an English registered LR in France once you have settled there?

If not again and I have to get the info from JagLR France saying how my vehicle was configured leaving the factory how detailed is it? Does it show original engine type? Will it show the body type or just the chassis size?

Any advice would be great thanks.

Toby
romval29
Modérateur et griotte en Bretagne
Localisation : Bretagne st thurien Finistère (29) responsable region ouest du club

Re: Has anyone ever managed to register a TDI powered Series

Message par romval29 »

hello toby and welcome here
I hope you'll find someone quickly to answer your questions :hello:
la ou tu pose tes yeux,tes mains t’emmènent
l'homme à besoin de passion pour exister
Bruno P-G
The Bubble the Meer

Message par Bruno P-G »

Hi Toby

If your main address is in France, you have to register your vehicle in France.

If your vehicle does not meet the original description when the vehicle was homologated by the "Service des Mines", there is no way to register in France with a regular registration ... (carte grise normale)

The only possibility is to register your vehicle through Federation Française des Véhicules d'Epoque (FFVE) with the complete description of your Land Rover 109 including V5 with engine description.

May be things changed in France last months, but normally it could be possible. Some of us certainly can tell you more advices, wait and see

Welcome in France !

:hello:
Un jour en marchant dans la montagne, j'ai vu une bête
En m'approchant, je me suis aperçu que c'était un homme
En arrivant près de lui, j'ai vu que c'était mon frère

Proverbe Tibétain
tarnbarn
graisse les pivots...

Message par tarnbarn »

In the past - it may still be true - you could get away with it so long as your original vehicle was diesel too. The deal-breaker is change of fuel type...
Répondre