Birmabright Weekend 2008, Kutna Hora, Czech Republic

for zoze who'd like to spik angliche...

Modérateur : Modérateurs

Répondre
1960SeriesII

Birmabright Weekend 2008, Kutna Hora, Czech Republic

Message par 1960SeriesII »

Hello everyone,

As next year is going to be packed with Land Rover events of all sorts, I'd like everyone to know that next year our Birmabright Weekend will be held in May (17th to 18th May 2008) in Kutna Hora, Czech Republic.

The event, same as this year, is a friendly get-together with some greenlaning and perhaps some sightseeing as Kutna Hora is a UNESCO site (a historical silver-mining town with lots of beautiful historical sights). There is of course enough beer for everyone to get. Any foreign participants are of course welcome and we certainly hope there will be some this time!

Friday, 16th May 2008:
> Arrival of first participants.
> A friendly get-together over a beer (or more) in the camp's pub or one of the town's pubs "downtown"

Saturday, 17th May 2008:
> Arrival of the remaining participants.
> During the morning or early after lunch departure for a greenlaning tour of the surrounding area - the exact route would be specified later (estimated length max. 50 kilometres). The route may be adjusted according to participants' requirements to include any of the local sights. The trip will include a stop at the observation tower on the Vysoka hill, where a group photo would be taken similarly to this year's event
> After returning to the campsite, a tour of the town centre would be possible, either individually or as a group (with a possibility of an English-speaking guide - me ).
> Again a friendly get-together over a beer (or more) in the camp's pub or one of the town's pubs "downtown".

Sunday, 18th May 2008:
> Programme according to the overall mood among the participants, during the day departure back home.

Should any of you like to come, I will be happy to assist with arranging accommodation other than at the campsite, the town offers a range of accommodation facilities suitable for everyone.

We will be looking forward to see you in the Czech Republic!
Bruno P-G
The Bubble the Meer

Message par Bruno P-G »

Hello 1906 serie II :hello:

Hello Thethe 51 :hello:

Another great trip for LTDS club during this special 2008 year ?

Motorway ==> an average of 85 km/h . 10 hours drive and you're on the spot (that's not 148 km to the real goal that makes any difference, hmmm ? :mrgreen: )

Oliver ? on the starting blocks ? :cool:

:champ:
Un jour en marchant dans la montagne, j'ai vu une bête
En m'approchant, je me suis aperçu que c'était un homme
En arrivant près de lui, j'ai vu que c'était mon frère

Proverbe Tibétain
1960SeriesII
graisse les pivots...

Hello guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome (and for kebir31's invitation to join this forum) :super:

Sorry but last time I made the mistake of posting a thread without registering. Your anti-robot questions for anonymous contributors (which are only in French) nearly stopped me from doing it, but after refreshing the page several times I found a question I could understand - but anyhow had to guess the answer as I don't speak French at all (by the way, during registering I was asked what kind of fruit was shown in the picture and had to search a dictionary for 'pomme' :grin: ).

Finally I am a member, so you will see links to my email and my website below. The website also includes an invitation to the Birmabright Weekend event, programme information and even a short video taken during the last event in September 2007.

As for pictures, you can see some in this year's invitation on the Series 2 Club forum here or in the report from last year's event here.

Don't get discouraged by the distance, it's not that far. Remember the Oxford & Cambridge Far Eastern Expedition :steer:

Regards,
Jan
Jan (me)
Bernie (1960 SII 88")
Jekyll (1953 SI 86" V8)
Robur (1966 SIIA FC)

[url=http://www.facebook.com/born.wild.cz[/url]
1960SeriesII
graisse les pivots...

Re: Birmabright Weekend 2008, Kutna Hora, Czech Republic

Just a few lines as a "show report" :fiesta: - we had a total 11 vehicles participating, including a SI (plus one "visiting" 107" STW on a trailer) and a 101 FC, making the meeting almost complete in this respect. There were SII's, SIIA's and one SIII - 3 cars on top of last year's meeting :champ:

We had some 27 miles of greenlaning on Saturday, which turned out to be the only day with reasonable weather, with one participant finding himself on the side of his motor on a level ground, going over the top once, together with his SIIA and a 12-year old daughter. The crash was rather scary, we were all relieved to find out that they were both basically OK, with some cuts, scratches and bruises. The car fared much worse, but as long as the crew survives, that isn't really important.

Here's one very short 15-second video from the event. At that point I was still hoping that the battery in my camera will make it, but was wrong :mur:

Here are the pictures that made it on to the memory card while the camera was still dying:

And here are pictures of other participants:
Jan (me)
Bernie (1960 SII 88")
Jekyll (1953 SI 86" V8)
Robur (1966 SIIA FC)

marc78
Speak English

Message par marc78 »

These are brilliant pics of equally brilliant landies! I love it!
Hope you enjoy your outdoors this summer
Marc78
1960SeriesII
graisse les pivots...

Indeed it was a great meeting, the weather could have been better mainly on Friday and Sunday, but otherwise can't complain. Next year I hope there will be some French Land-Rover "ambassadors" as well :steer:
Jan (me)
Bernie (1960 SII 88")
Jekyll (1953 SI 86" V8)
Robur (1966 SIIA FC)

PhilSHLRC
Phil Tarte
Localisation : Rhone-Alpes with a 80', a pseudo Brockhouse and a 107sw full tuning & alternative genuine inside

Message par PhilSHLRC »

1960SeriesII a écrit :Indeed it was a great meeting, the weather could have been better mainly on Friday and Sunday, but otherwise can't complain. Next year I hope there will be some French Land-Rover "ambassadors" as well :steer:

Why not .... :steer:
Elle s'appelle "Vertie", c'est ma fille qu'a trouvé ce nom...
"faire les choses sérieusement sans jamais se prendre au sérieux ..."
Répondre