for zoze who'd like to spik angliche...

Modérateur : Modérateurs

Répondre
1960SeriesII
graisse les pivots...

Birmabright Weekend, Kutna Hora, CZ, 27–29th May 2011

Message par 1960SeriesII »

Birmabright Weekend, Kutna Hora, Czech Republic, 27th – 29th May 2011

Would like to invite all leaf-sprung Land-Rover owners to the 5th anniversary of the annual Birmabright Weekend in Kutna Hora, Czech Republic. Same as in previous installments of this event, all kinds of leaf-sprung Land-Rovers are welcome and the greenlaning trip will include only these.

This year’s event will take place in the Malesov camping site, most notably due to the larger size of the site and the availability of „hard-top“ accommodation (kind of 2-berth or 4-berth weekend homes/cottages/huts). The weather in previous years was not particularly kind to us and the lakes and streams under the tents aren’t exactly pleasing.

The event’s programme

Friday, 27th May 2011:
- Arrival of participants during the afternoon, the campsite is open so earlier arrival is no problem.
- A beer-drinking festival of Oktoberfest proportions will ensue either after or before dark.

Saturday, 28th May 2011
- During the morning hours we will stand, sit, lie around the campsite, moaning about what we did last night, chat together and admire each others' vehicles. In general, we usually wait for those who can't force themselves to wake up in time for the announced time of departure for the laning trip...
- Breakfast can be had in the local "pub", but don't expect anything big or particularly appealing - just don't ask questions, fill your stomach and go.
- Departure for the laning trip is usually not before 11:00 - as I wrote on the Czech forum, the morale of participants in the morning is usually so low that I started contemplating a night greenlaning trip.
- The trip includes lanes and tarmac roads totalling some 100 kilometres in length, so a fuel tank at least half-full (or half-empty) is adviseable. The route includes a stop for a group photo at the Vysoka hill, which includes a barbeque prepared from what the participants can throw together.
- Another Oktoberfest follows in the evening.

Sunday, 29th May 2011:
- Most participants usually bid farewell to others already during breakfast (some already leave on Saturday, but the programme can be shortened or extended depending on the participants' morale and condition.
- For foreign visitors a tour of Kutna Hora or a visit to the Kacina chateau, the National Agricultural Museum in Caslav or anywhere in the vicinity will be arranged depending on interest.

I (and several other participants) will be coming to the meeting from the direction of Prague, i.e. we can take you with us and the column or pick you up at the airport, if you don't want to bring your leafer.

Additional info:
Facilities: The meeting will take place at a public campsite with small holiday homes/cottages/huts (whatever they're called in English), 21 of them. There are shared showers and toilets. There's a small pub behind the reception desk which serves (except beer) only very basic food, like sausages, bread and some cold meals. It's not exactly a luxury standard but people used to drive Land-Rovers should find the facilities sufficient.

Driving regulations: The most apparent difference is the daylight lights-on rule, i.e. your lights need to be switched all the time. You should have an internationally valid proof of liability insurance, the speed limit for cities/towns/villages is 50 kph.

Currency: CZK (approx. CZK 24.20 = 1 EUR) / if you need to change on week days, you can do so at banks or exchange counters (there should be a few in Kutna Hora as well, not sure about the office hours, better to stock up for the weekend on Friday). VISA/MasterCard credit cards will be accepted in 90% of the shops incl. most supermarkets, but not at the campsite.

Petrol prices: about CZK 32-33 per litre (unleaded = called Natural 95 here) / some stations here still sell the so called Special 91 (with the lead-substituting additive included), which is slightly cheaper. There are two fuel stations in Kutna Hora, availability elsewhere is no problem, both on motorways and main roads (most or all of them nowadays accept VISA/MasterCard credit cards).
Jan (me)
Bernie (1960 SII 88")
Jekyll (1953 SI 86" V8)
Robur (1966 SIIA FC)

[url=http://www.facebook.com/born.wild.cz[/url]
pandarouge
va peut être gagner un rang 'spécial'...

Re: Birmabright Weekend, Kutna Hora, CZ, 27–29th May 2011

Message par pandarouge »

Thank you for the information and the extensive program detailed above, sounds nice !!!
:super:
Antonin
---Trajets réguliers: Belgique - Strasbourg - Mulhouse - Suisse et/ou Suisse - Lyon---
1960SeriesII
graisse les pivots...

Message par 1960SeriesII »

Anyone coming? :wink:
Jan (me)
Bernie (1960 SII 88")
Jekyll (1953 SI 86" V8)
Robur (1966 SIIA FC)

[url=http://www.facebook.com/born.wild.cz[/url]
stiopan
plus sur le net que sous le Land...
Localisation : Pays de Gex, mais originaire de Moulins 03, AUVERGNE POWAAAAA!

Message par stiopan »

1960SeriesII a écrit :Anyone coming? :wink:
Hi Jan,

I hope you and your family are well.

This monday I just came back from a long trip between Warsaw to the subburb of Geneva with my Lightweight!
I remember telling you that I will certainly be able to go to your meeting when I was in Warsaw.
But now I live in France near Geneva and the trip to Kutna Hora is about 1000km now... not the same story :shock:

Anyway I hope that the meeting will be a success! :cup:

By the way, did you get my photos?

:hello: Stéphane
"-Le paradis de la terre se trouve sur le dos des chevaux,
-dans le fouillement des livres
-Ou bien entre les deux seins d'une femme"
Thaleb
Répondre